Thursday, November 5, 2009

A marathon called life!

It was during my last few days at IIT, I was sitting atop OAT wall with two of my closest friends, Piyush and Bhan. We were fretting about how are lives were doomed to the point of no return and how there seemed no tomorrow. We had screwed CAT, the job prospects seemed bleak and our personal lives weren't going anywhere. It was then in a moment of truth Bhan mentioned "Yaar the life is a marathon where we'll live for at least 80 years. So what we've started slow. The track is too long and we can cover up". The argument seemed good but it didn't change my mood. I was still reeling in shock. My great dream was shattered and it didn't feel too good. Three years I struggled with my condition and finally now I understand what he meant. Life and its wondrous uncertainty is humbling and we can never know what it has in store for us. Luck is dynamic and it explains more variance in success that we in our moment of hubris attribute it to. I now appreciate every word of the the statement and am much more satisfied. Still a long way to go!

No comments: