Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Ramblings – Honest to God

Scene: Barista-5 minutes later

Yash: Ok Nikhil, I’ll fill in the details later. I think she is coming

Nikhil: I’ll be waiting!

Hangs up the phone

Shivangi: Hey I am back, whom were you talking to, your friend; told him we kissed?

Yash: Heyyy you’re back, no,,umm, you crazy..wwhy would I call my friend. My mom called…

Shivangi: Just joking Yash, I just want to apologize for my action. I know you must have judged me and you have full right to do so…

Yash: Relax Shivangi-I didn’t judge you. Here’s your cappuccino.

Shivangi: Thanks. Hey do you want to play a game, it’ll be fun.

Yash: C’mmon ya, we’re too grown up to play games. Tell me what you think of the current economic crisis.

Shivangi: I think that I don’t care. Please let’s play, I promise we’ll stop the moment you feel bored.

Yash: Ok, what is it about?

Shivangi: Oh, nothing, for the next 30 minutes, we’ll answer questions. But there’s a twist. We’ll only be speaking the truth. And before you ask, we are morally bound not to get hurt by whatever we hear, and NO judging

Yash: What, this is crazy. This is like the truth and dare only lesser people, and no dares. And by the way I always speak the truth.

Shivangi: This was your first and the last lie for the next 30 minutes. Let’s start

Yash (to himself): This is crazy.

Oh c’mon….. (Pauses) Ok let’s play

Shivangi: Were you talking to your mom earlier?

Yash: Of-course….(Pauses) No, it was a friend

Shivangi: Did you tell him we kissed

Yash: Yes

Shivangi: Awesome that was brave.

Yash: Did you tell anyone that we kissed.

Shivangi: No

Yash: Do you have a boy-friend or you made one up

Shivangi: I made one up.

Yash: Did you get fired?

Shivangi: No I didn’t

Yash (a little angered): Was I chosen to be called for the next round.

Shivangi: Yes. Are you mad at me?

Yash: Yes. Are you attracted to me?

Shivangi: Yes. Are you enjoying the game?

Yash: Hell yes! Is this meeting planned?

Shivangi: as in?

Yash: As in, did you purposely get down with me?

Shivangi: Yes

Yash: Do you like me?

Shivangi: No.

Yash: Wait you told me earlier that you were attracted to me and now you tell me that you don’t like me?

Shivangi: Do you like every girl you are attracted to?

Yash: No

Shivangi: Do you like me?

Yash: No, I love you.

Long Pause

Yash: Does this change anything?

Shivangi: No. Is anything what you told me about your childhood true?

Yash: Yes, a part of it

Shivangi: Which part?

Yash: That I dated three girls at a time. Wait no even that is not true, I dated four at a time.

Yash: Why did you kiss me?

Shivangi: We’re supposed to answer in Yes or No. So this doesn’t qualify as a question.

Yash: Ok did you kiss me out a sense of pity?

Shivangi: No, I really don’t know why I did it.

Yash: Do you want to sleep with me?

Shivangi: No, Do you?

Yash: Yes, Will you walk off now?

Shivangi: No. Will you judge me if I didn’t?

Yash: Yes. Ok please answer this and it cannot be in a yes or a no. Why are you sitting with me? It kills me, I don’t understand. You don’t like me; you are smart, intelligent and funny. You can get any guy. Why me?

Shivangi: See this is not the first time I am talking to you, and the reason I am talking to you is the same as always. I have nothing better to do. Anyway I guess now that the half an hour is over, I better get going. Have to attend a meeting. Have to help a company to increase its productivity.

Yash: You are a bitch.

Shivangi: I know. Here’s my card. Will see you soon.

Yash: Never (Tears the card in two)

Shivangi: Anyway bye!

Women exits

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down
.

Yash: Hello

Nikhil: Hey man, it’s Nikhil, tell me what happened. Are you guys making out or something?

Yash hangs up, picks up the torn card and walks off

Nikhil: Bastard didn’t even answer. He always does this when he is with some girl. Lucky bastard.

Exuent!

No comments: